An Abbreviated Education and work history
I started out in Offset Print very young. By High School I was heavily into Silk Screen Printing and Airbrush work. I got a degree in Design and Production Art from a trade school where I learned painting skills and how to use a stat camera among other things. Still holding down jobs at screen print companies I went for a degree in Character Animation and Film making with a emphasis in 3D modelling.
After leaving College I worked in Los Angeles on various productions and eventually found myself working in the video game industry. After many years I left the entertainment sector to start my own business doing print and website development for small to medium sized businesses. These days I primarily build websites and host some of my clients on a VPS where I maintain the sites and consult on business and marketing strategy.
Who am I at work…
Design & Production, Alcaloïde Toxique, USA
June 2015 – Present
- Develop websites for a wide range of small businesses on the WordPress platform
- Consult with clients and design custom business and e-commerce online solutions to address the client’s specific needs
- Create and prepare user interface (UI) design for use in website development
Support Technician II, WP Website Support, USA.
May 2015 – Present
- Maintain security and up-time monitoring of websites including: code patches, core updates, page creation, and SEO
- Develop online marketing strategies to meet client budgetary and industry specific requirements
- Collaborate with outside code developers to resolve client website coding conflicts
Coordinator, UC Innovators, Christchurch, NZ.
October 2014 – August 2015
- Consult and mentor over 20 students considering venture opportunities in a multitude of industries
- Write study guides for program and lecture on entrepreneurial and business related topics
- Maintain website and speculative marketing to increase student enrollment in program and angel investors interest
Production Artist, Super Signs, USA.
June 2008 – May 2014
- Design sign layout and develop sign elevations using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Managed client art file database and prepare art files for print and plotting
- Install sign and vinyl graphics on cars, retail shop windows, and fleet vehicles etc.
Production Manager, Neolith Graphics, USA.
January 2006 – May 2015
- Consult with clients on their business needs, offering strategies for business growth and advice on new and existing business opportunities.
- Design and create graphics for print and web application marketing.
- Trouble shoot and solve multiple problems arising from online security issues related to client websites and hosting solutions.
Graphic Artist, Leader News, USA.
May 2004 – June 2006
- Design and create graphics for newspaper print advertisements.
- Perform newspaper and tabloid layout.
- Build printed collateral advertising material for local businesses.
Design & Production, Blair Wolf Design, USA.
August 1996 – December 2005
- Design and build graphics for client websites.
- Create print work for specific needs such as magazine advertisements, event tickets, and various custom works, as well as business branding.
3D Production & Animation, Realtime Associates, USA.
November 1995 – June 1997
- Build and animate characters and background/foreground elements using Softimage on SGI, and Adobe Applications and 3DSMAX on PC platforms.
- Organize and maintain portions of the art databases.
Lead Artist, Trimark Interactive, USA.
February 1995 – August 1995
- Consult on game documentation, art, feel, and continuity of final product.
- Storyboard, direct, edit, and add post F/X to demos.
- Design game icon as well as design, create, paint, and map real time models. Provide limited sound direction.
2D & 3D Design & Production, Activision, USA.
January 1993 – February 1995
- Storyboard, develop game screens and bumpers, game pieces, add post F/X to demos.
- Design game icon as well as create, and texture map real time models. Design three magazine covers for promotional publications.
- Act as a bridge between the art department and the programming department.
Currently using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, Indesign and Dreamweaver. Previous experience with Adobe Premier and Vegas Studio Pro as well as simpler video editing programs. I have previously used 3DMax, Softimage, and Form-Z. These days I usually just use Sketchup for my 3D needs (sign design, primarily). I use Microsoft Office applications on a daily basis along with Slack and Asana for project management.
I started with basic HTML in the mid 1990’s and made my way through multiple WYSIWYG tools. Using my game development experience for prepping lite weight images and coding. In the following years I have utilized various CMS platforms for production sites. In 2010 I began steadily using WordPress for it’s core features. My coding for online use is self taught.
Client & Vendor Management
Working with clients and vendors since 1996 to create final products at the specifications required, gave me immense experience in account management and communicating effectively.
I have created business development plans with marketing strategies for a number of clients with businesses including, but not limited to; CPR instructors, restauranteurs, CPA firms, printers and sign makers.
- Associates Degree of Art, California Institute of the Arts, 1989 – 1992
Degree in 3D Animation & Design / Digital Film Making
Relevant studies include: Character Development, 3D Modeling & Character Rigging, Texture Mapping, Story-Boarding, Script Writing, Video Editing
- Associates Degree of Art, Phoenix Institute of Technology, 1986 – 1987
Degree in Design and Production Art
I expect high standards of work performance from both myself and others I interact with. By understanding how to communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals I am able to build trust and acceptance of creative business solutions.